Content heavy websites are a challenge to design because of the many categories of content and the different parent-child relationships that exist between them.
Through this case study on information architecture, we want to highlight and showcase how the efforts of good planning and collaboration can lead to good websites.
- Migrating a live website with legacy IA to a new website with a new identity and IA
- Identifying issues with existing website and addressing it in the new one
- Complex navigation with multiple clicks required to browse
- Cluttered layout
- Confusing content architecture in the backend
- Multiple templates for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Mapping old site content architecture to a new simplified one
- Finding the right theme for a specific need
- Understanding the possibilities and limitations of the theme
- Planning the project execution with a tight budget constraint
- Adding new features that did not exist in the theme to satisfy a UX requirement.
DOWNLOAD HERE: CASE STUDY ON SIMPLIFYING INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE FOR A CONTENT-RICH WEBSITE