When The Explorers Lab initially reached out to us, they wanted our help with fixing a lot of problems on their WordPress website. The TEL team was not getting the right support from their website agency at that time. But as we spoke further about their need for fixing the website issues and why they wanted to revamp the website, Pixelmattic learned of their need for a new marketing strategy.
A good discovery call reveals the true underlying problems a client is facing
Sandeep Kelvadi, CMO & Co-founder, Pixelmattic
At that point, we started our discussions with Mr. Tarun Dara, the CEO of The Explorers Lab. And thus began our 12-month marketing engagement with The Explorers Lab team, their CEO and the core sales & marketing team.
Digital Growth System
Digital Growth System is a complete solution for lead generation that combines the latest UI UX design best practices with intelligent search engine optimization, effective content marketing strategies, and sales funnels designed for conversions.
We apply our breadth and depth of design, marketing, and technical skills to help businesses solve growth problems, starting with how people perceive brands and ending with sales funnel optimization.
Objectives of the project
The Explorers Lab initially provided international learning trips for students in the UAE. But due to the pandemic, that business model was no longer viable. Faced with a dramatic change in market conditions, The Explorers Lab needed a new marketing approach to generate leads for their business.
Therefore, the objectives for us were as follows:
- Create a brand communication strategy
- Identify buyer persona and customer journey process
- Revamp their website and make it a lead-generating tool
- Improve their online presence
- Change the perception of a tour operator to that of an online platform facilitating leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- The client wanted to dive into marketing before the formulation of brand and communication strategies
- Conducted workshops to enlighten the client before the implementation of marketing solutions.
- The old website had a lot of bugs and performance issues that needed addressing
- Re-architecting the website to align with a new business model
- Redesigning the website but keeping it true to the business’ brand image
- Managing expectations of the client who wanted quick results when fundamentals needed fixing first
Solutions by Pixelmattic
1. Development of Brand and Content Marketing strategies.
We provided a marketing audit questionnaire to know the client’s objectives and perspective on marketing. We also researched the target buyer persona based on the inputs given by the client.
We conducted a series of workshops for the clients to understand the importance of Branding and Content Marketing.
Here’s a snapshot of how it was done.
- Formulated Brand Communication strategies
- Created Brand Positioning statements and communication objectives.
- Conducted research and analyzed the brand’s current position in the industry and the SWOT analysis of the brand.
- Identified the target groups, including students, parents, educators, program partners, and counsellors.
- Created buyer persona for each of these groups.
- Identified the communication objectives and mapped content to the challenges and pain points of the target audience over the different stages of the marketing funnel.
- Content themes and strategies were formulated for each audience segment
- Recommended a few content marketing strategies such as SEO-optimized content, automated email marketing, and content collaboration through podcasts and webinars.
2. Creation of Brand manual
- Created a brand manual that included The Explorers Lab’s Vision, Mission, Brand identity.
- Formulated Brand Voice and Tagline.
- Provided design guidelines which included:
- Creation of logo.
- Recommended the font sizes and color palettes.
- Provided guidelines on imagery, iconography, and patterns usage.
- Formulated Copy guidelines and Tine of voice.
3. Website design and development solutions
- The existing website was audited. There were a few bugs that were fixed.
- Recommended and changed the hosting provider to Kinsta.
- The entire website design was revamped and recommended the brand colors.
- Provided website copies.
- Created engaging design and the CTA s were adequately set up.
- Removal of old plugins and updating with new ones.
- Created custom post type.
- Integrated the forms with Mailchimp and Hubspot.
- Manually updated all content without the help of any plugins.
- Created a prebuilt template for an advanced custom field plugin.
4. Optimized the website for SEO and performance
The client wanted to create a conversion-focused website with a better user experience and optimized for search engines. To create such a website, the first step for us is to do a website audit. Once this was done, We fixed the on-page issues.
- We created a benchmark document to analyze the rankings and traffic status of the website. We also set up the Google search console for tracking.
- We conducted the research to know the organic competitors of the website and analyzed the site ranking with other competitors in the industry.
- We gathered the list of seed keywords and conducted comprehensive keyword research for ranking on search engines. We shortlisted the keywords to rank for, implemented those on each page, and included them in the image’s alt text, meta title, and descriptions.
- Configured schema set up as organization on the SEO plugin.
- Resolved technical issues with respect to search engine guidelines and created an efficient list of URLs on XML sitemap.
- Identified the opportunities for generating backlinks.
- Created an SEO performance report once all of the above were implemented.
1. Improvement in the performance
The Explorer’s Lab provides a learning experience through virtual internships, expeditions, and boot camps for students in the middle east.