The success of your Business Website is determined primarily by its content. Design alone does not sell.
Good Website Content is what makes your business website unique and delivers the right message to your customers. If you have effective taglines, great design will add to your advantage.
Of course, pictures and videos are important too, but research shows that the best ranking websites in some of the predominant industries have an average of 1000 or more words of content per page.
With the popularity of Content Sharing Websites like ScoopWhoop, The Logical Indian and StoryPick you might be aware that content is absolutely vital for getting your website ranked in search engine results.
Search engines implement algorithms to properly analyse the entire content of a page.
In 2011, Google rolled out a major update to their search algorithm called ‘Google Panda’. This algorithm ranked websites with low quality and light content, lower in results. This update affected 12% of all search results.
Image Source: HubSpot
Web pages that generate more rankings will ultimately lead to more traffic and larger sales for the business.
High quality content is crucial to the success of any website in order to retain visitors and have a high ranking on search engines. The content on your business website should target your audience, engage them and persuade them to take action.
5 Common Mistakes in Business Website Content
Unintelligible ‘About Us’ page.
Poorly written ‘About Us’ pages fail to humanize, provide context and meaning to the product. Everyone likes to read a good story about the company, give it to them!
Google can penalise websites with bad content.
Any duplicate content on your site makes it less useful in Google’s view, and that could result in a penalty.
Image source: Raventools
Keyword stuffed content.
If Google detects a weirdly high number of keywords in a page, it may penalize that business. Also reading the same words time and again would constrain the idea within the mind.
Unorganized Content Layout.
Unorganized content without headings, sub- headings, bullets and keywords do not hold the interest of users. They would feel lost.
Pages with more words give search engine algorithms more context to understand the content and word count correlates with quality. On average, the top 10 results search engines return have over 2,000 words.
10 Steps to Create Great Business Website Content
- Make sure your content is unique and well-written; use tools like Copyscape and CopyGator.
- Use an appropriate Page Title for each web page so users know exactly where they are. 80% of people will read your headlines.
Image Source: Stocksnap.io
- Transform the About Us page into Meet Our Team page. Represent the members of your team creatively and sincerely.
- Update and be consistent. The purpose of updating is not just to add new content but to spot and correct past mistakes.
- Introduce interactive content like quiz, trivia, price calculators and more. Users tend to remember interactive websites more.
- Provide only necessary technical information on the website. Reduce heavy data and inessential codes.
Image Source: Stocksnap.io
To know more on website optimization, read our Case Study on Website Optimization.
- Include engaging and thought provoking content that leaves the readers with questions. This would make them search for the answers.
Read about how we can provide Creative Content Solutions at https://www.pixelmattic.com/services/creative-content-solutions/.
- Case studies, white papers and eBooks can establish thought leadership and showcase work that builds credibility and reputation.
- Encourage people to take action once they read your copy. Make sure the Call to Action is clear. Providing direct links to the ‘contact us’ page makes it even more helpful.
- Blogging is the cornerstone of content marketing. Blogs with constantly updated facts and figures help drive traffic for a very long time.
Take a look at our corporate blog series on https://www.pixelmattic.com/blog/.
If you want to hire someone for website content writing, you might want to read this first – https://www.pixelmattic.com/blog/what-you-need-to-know-before-working-with-copywriters/.
Examples of Good Business Websites
Image source: Bienville Capital
Simple design with concise and focused information. The website has exceptional taglines with great design that keeps the user intrigued.
Image source: MailChimp
MailChimp succeeds to deliver organized and user friendly information with descriptive introduction . They also possess an interesting blog with great content.
Image source: Fortyonetwenty Inc
Along with a classic and well designed ‘About us’ Page, the Fortyonetwenty website has testimonials from clients that make them trustworthy and appealing.
Image source: VELAN
Velan has a content rich website with clear information about their team. The website holds engaging content with good headlines.
For more examples like VELAN, have a look at some of the websites that we’ve designed on https://www.pixelmattic.com/wordpress-portfolio/.
Image source: Ashford & Ashford
The website has a powerful tagline followed by their interesting ‘Facts & Stats’ Section. Ashford & Ashford Website has testimonials, easy contact information and pleasing design.
Benefits of a Content Rich Business Website
Image source: MihiDigital
- Cheaper than traditional Marketing. – 51% of B2B Marketers plan to increase spending on content marketing budget.
- Content gives your brand a voice.
- Drives in Better revenues and traffic.
- Provide better Customer Service.
- Build online Reputation.
- Stands out from the rest. – Given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain.
- Establish as a thought leader.- Companies with over 1000 employees use an average of 9 content marketing tactics.
The key to a successful website is having clear, relevant and keyword-rich content that delivers the right message with power and conviction.
If you want to get some more useful tips on making a website, then download our eBook on – Complete Guide to Website Planning.
10 e-Learning Website Features That Can Help..
Flexibility, better value for money, and customized experiences are a few reasons why e-learning has been gaining popularity. Apart from schools and universities, corporates also extensively use elearning for employee training.
Content Marketing Tactics You Need To Have..
Everyday, tons of new content is published online, each blog trying to out-rank its competition. Your content strategy must be able to cut through all the noise, using smart marketing tactics.