The Digital Marketer’s Guide to Using WordPress
Build Fast Landing Pages, Launch Campaigns & Manage Lead-gen Websites, Without Code.
Our WordPress Marketing guide contains 20 chapters of WordPress marketing tips and insights, written by WordPress experts with a decade of experience in WordPress development and marketing.
We’ve curated the best WordPress plugins for marketing and the most impactful marketing tactics to use on WordPress.
Read the entire WordPress guide from the beginning or jump straight to the chapter of your interest.
- Pick Hosting for WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress
- Website Planning Process
- Wireframes for Websites
- Useful WordPress Features
- Shortlisting WordPress Themes for Marketing
- Choosing WordPress Page Builders
- Optimizing WordPress for SEO
- Optimizing for Mobile Devices
- Content Marketing with WordPress
- Common WordPress Mistakes
- Integrating Analytics with WordPress
- Launching Marketing Campaigns on WordPress
- Building Landing Pages on WordPress
- Important Pages to Optimize
- Speeding up WordPress
- WordPress Marketing Automation
- WordPress CRM Integration
- Build Email List on WordPress
- Project Expectations & Budget
- Final Thoughts & Marketing Survey Results
WordPress for marketing is a logical choice for many. WordPress is the most popular and widely used CMS. It has a big ecosystem of service providers, online documentation and plugins.
The Digital Marketing Benefits of WordPress
- SEO-friendly CMS
- Portability of content
- A plethora of marketing plugins
- Easy integration with other systems
- No-code customization options
- A big ecosystem of service providers, solutions and community.
We’ve interacted with a lot of marketing folks who are responsible for lead generation, website traffic and business growth. Through our conversations with them, we’ve heard some questions asked over and over again. This inspired us to create the Ultimate WordPress Optimization Guide.
WordPress for Marketing – Who is this Marketing Guide for?
This is a WordPress guide for marketers who want to learn how to::
- Ensure your website is structured to meet your business and marketing goals
- Overcome the challenges marketers face when building a website
- Improve lead generation and overall ROI of the website
- Maintain the website with simple but effective tools
- Or simply unsure what your website must have
..then this WordPress optimization guide is for you!
It doesn’t matter if you work with a small or large organisation or work as a freelancer, this marketing guide will help you no matter the size of your business.
Download the guide or read till the end to find out what was the biggest cause for concern with most digital marketers and the results for all the questions.
How is this WordPress for Marketing Guide different from the others?
There are plenty of online courses, guides and resources for a digital marketer to learn about SEO, Facebook marketing and Google Ads. There is an equal amount of free resources to learn about the technical aspects of WordPress.
In our experience of interacting with digital marketers who use WordPress, we realised that there was no resource that combined the two. This guide offers digital marketers the most important aspects of WordPress that relate to their marketing efforts. It also explains how to integrate content marketing in WordPress websites.
This guide is not technical documentation for WordPress or digital marketing. Rather it provides practical and useful advice on how to use WordPress and get the most out of it for your digital marketing efforts.
Why choose WordPress?
- WordPress powers more than 39% of the internet and has a 64% market share among CMS providers.
- WordPress is open source and supported by an active community all over the world (in 400+ cities), so finding access to help is never far away. Pixelmattic is an active participant and a core organizer of the Bengaluru WordPress community.
- It has a massive library of themes and plugins (55,000+). Combined with the flexibility of the platform, WordPress can be customised to meet almost any requirement
- Since it started out as a blogging platform and evolved into a complete CMS, it has built-in features that make content publishing extremely easy.
- WordPress is actively developed and improved constantly through the help of the community. There is a major software release every quarter, adding new features and improving older ones.
- WordPress is SEO friendly thanks to search-friendly URLs, content publishing features and many SEO plugins that can do a lot with no coding effort.
- WordPress can be fast and robust. It’s how you set it up and maintain the website that impacts the performance. (We’ll show you all the common traps to avoid in this guide)
Hosting for WordPress – Build on a Strong Foundation
Hosting is the bedrock of your website. A weak or even unsuitable hosting option can make your website easily prone to security attacks and slow performance. Worse you could […]
Getting Started With WordPress – Early, But Critical Decisions To Make
Before getting started with WordPress, let’s dispel some common myths and also learn about some WordPress basics. There are two fundamental types static and dynamic. It is an oversimplification, but […]
Website Planning Process – Plan Right and See Your Project Succeed
How Important is the Website Planning Process? The Website planning process is an often-underestimated activity in launching a website. Even a simple one-page website requires planning. The larger and more […]
Wireframes for Websites – A Low-Cost High-Impact Tool
We have briefly discussed using wireframes for websites in the previous chapter. Still, it deserved a separate section of its own, as it’s a powerful website building tool that can […]
12 Useful WordPress Features
WordPress has a ton of fantastic features. Here we have picked our top 12 useful WordPress features especially helpful for digital marketers. 1. User Privileges WordPress offers six different […]
WordPress Themes for Marketing – Speed, SEO & Support
If you’ve read the previous chapters on settings goals and wireframing your website, you would be following a methodical approach to building a website. Choosing a WordPress theme is one […]
WordPress Page Builders – Love or Hate ‘Em You Can’t Ignore Them
Page Builders for WordPress – Do You Need Them? Content creation and editing have always been intuitive and user-friendly thanks to the classic editor (also known as WYSIWYG editor). However, […]
Optimizing WordPress for SEO
Using WordPress for SEO is a good first step. Read on to find out why. As a digital marketer, you are surely aware of SEO, and it’s benefits for a […]
Optimizing Your Website for Mobile Devices
Choosing a mobile-friendly WordPress theme goes a long way in ensuring your website is viewable to smaller screens. According to TechJury, Mobile market share worldwide is 52.1% compared to the desktop […]
Content Marketing with WordPress – Go From a Regular User to a Power User
We’ll show you how you can build a content marketing platform using WordPress with a plethora of content marketing tools available to you in the form of WordPress plugins. We […]
7 Common WordPress Mistakes
Here is a list of common WordPress mistakes made. Avoid them to ensure your website works at its optimum best. 1. Not Using a Child Theme A child theme is […]
Configuring and Monitoring Analytics for WordPress
Why Measure? As a digital marketer, tracking is probably one of the most important things you will do to ensure your website is a success. By adding and monitoring analytics […]
Launch Successful Marketing Campaigns Using WordPress
Digital Marketers are evaluated by how many successful marketing campaigns they were able to manage and launch. In this chapter, we will show you how planning a marketing campaign and […]
Landing Page in WordPress – Build, Test and Reuse
A landing page is a critical piece in the marketing campaign setup. While the previous chapter went into the details of how a marketing campaign works, this chapter will […]
Important Pages on Your Website With Low Traffic But High Impact
Home page and your product/service pages might get all the attention when you are planning, designing and optimizing the website. However, there are equally important pages on your website, which […]
Super Charge Your WordPress Site Speed With Easy Website Optimization Tips
Is your WordPress site slow? Have you read numerous WordPress speed optimization articles, but wondering where to start or whether you can do it yourself? We will demystify some of […]
WordPress Marketing Automation Explained
What is Marketing Automation? Marketing automation is a way to automate marketing processes and repetitive activities in a marketing campaign through the use of technology. The automation has a trigger […]
Multiple Ways to Setup a WordPress CRM Integration
What is CRM? Why Do You Need One? When your business starts to generate a high volume of leads, you will need a system to capture and manage them. This […]
Grow Your Email Marketing With WordPress Email List Building Tools
We’ve discussed marketing automation in detail in chapter 17. In this chapter, we show you why email marketing is a powerful marketing channel, how you can set up email marketing […]
Managing Expectations, Budget and Performance
Whether you are working on a website for a client or a marketing manager working on your company website, few challenges are common across the board. The mismatch between expectations/budgets […]
Final Thoughts on Using WordPress for Marketing
As per a Hubspot global report, 63% of marketers they interviewed were planning to invest in a website upgrade in 2020. We spoke to digital marketers and asked them what […]